Do you ever feel down in the dumps? Feeling like you’re in a funk? I know I do sometimes. We all have our days when things just don’t feel right and everything seems like it is against us. Instead of accepting the negativity, there are ways to combat those moods and really get yourself smiling again. Here are some of the things that I like to do, in no particular order. Again, this is just me so it may not work for everyone, but these are ways that I deal with a bad mood.
- -Getting out of the house- Something so simple, yet works wonders. Even going out to grab a cup of coffee, just being outside and not staring at four walls. It’s important to force yourself to go out and do things sometimes, even if you don’t want to, it usually helps.
- -Reading a good book- I cannot stress this enough, it is so important to have good reading material at your fingertips. A good book can take away a lot of stress that builds up. If you are like me and you enjoy reading books on spirituality and better ways of thinking then I suggest anything by the Dalai Lama or Thich Nhat Hanh, they send such a positive message through their books and beliefs.
- -Cooking- Again, getting your mind off of your bad mood and creating something fun- be creative and mix ingredients, it’s the best way to learn.
- -Cleaning- This is a huge one. I really believe that cleaning can clear your mind. I think if you live in clutter- most likely your mind functions in the same way. It’s not healthy and does not help your well being. I usually go on a huge cleaning spree and at the end, feel a lot better when everything is organized and in its place.
- -Take care of yourself– This is also very important, always make sure to put your health first. This is not just physical health, but mental, and emotional as well. Take care of your body, treat it well -all the time. Exercise, Eat healthy, and make it a point to take care of the inside & outside.
- -Talk to your loved ones- Sometimes getting it out is half the battle. Talk to someone who is willing to listen, and a lot of times just letting out your feelings helps take a huge weight off of your shoulders.
I hope this makes sense to you guys- I know we all have a tendency to get off balance sometimes.
What are some ways that you get out of a bad mood?
Another way to get me out of a bad mood is to take pictures! Which is something I did today.
Not because I was in a bad mood, but out of boredom. I actually got some good ones 🙂 Enjoy!
I am in love with this car. I drive past it everyday. Such an awesome color!