Good morning everyone! Hope your week is off to a great start! I am back on my workout grind for the summer months and I really wanted to share with you guys some tips on how to keep your hair clean when you workout a lot! If you have long and thick hair- or just hair that you need to style, you totally understand the struggle. I love working out, I love how it makes me feel but the thought of having to wash my hair every single day is awful! Not only does it dry out my hair, but it also gets rid of the natural oils that keep my hair shiny and healthy. Here are the tips I use to go 2-3 days between hair washing. For me personally, any more than that is too greasy!
First things first, you’ll need some good products. Below are the products that I swear by. Click on the items directly to shop!
- One of the biggest tips I can share is that you should use dry shampoo BEFORE you workout. So this may seem crazy, and it definitely opposes what you may have already heard. My hairdresser broke the myth about it being used once your hair is ALREADY greasy. In fact, it works best when you catch it before hand! Right before a workout I spray the front hairline and my part with dry shampoo, and then I use a brush to brush it into my hair.
- During your workout make sure you use these hair ties. Because they’re made differently than most hair ties, you don’t have to worry about leaving a dent in your hair. They’re traceless, and lightweight and don’t damage hair. I usually do a high messy top bun and adjust during my workout if needed
- When you get home and shower your body, make sure you use this shower cap to avoid getting parts of your hair wet. This cap is amazing because it really protects from the humidity that may come from the steam in the shower.
- Once you get out of the shower, you’ll want to spray more dry shampoo into your roots and in your part. Then, get your blowdryer and round brush and brush the top sections until the dry shampoo is completely brushed into your hair. This part is crucial! Blowdrying makes it all blend in seamlessly.
- On days in between washes I love wearing my hair curly/wavy so adding some curls to the mix helps with the texture!
Shop this look: