Hello mamas! I am assuming mostly other moms will be reading this post- but obviously all are welcome! Let me start off by saying that I cannot believe Niko is already a year old. Before he was born I did tons of research to see what I thought we needed for him, and then once he was born we definitely re-assessed the situation and made better decisions on what he needed and didn’t need. I am happy to be sharing everything that worked for us- and I am hoping that if you are a mama-to-be or a current mom to a little one- this will be helpful for you in your journey!
Click on the item directly in the photo or use the links in the descriptions below!
- Dock A Tot– This was so helpful for us because we brought it everywhere. Every time we brought the baby anywhere it was a safe and comfortable place for him to sleep. I also used it all the time on our bed when he was little to know he was safely asleep. It’s perfect to travel with and washes very easily. I have also heard of a lot of people putting it in the crib when they are transitioning their babies from a bassinet to the crib. It’s expensive but in my opinion totally worth the price tag.
- Baby Bum Diaper Cream Brush– My friend Danielle told me about this product and it seriously has been a game changer for us. We use this every single day, and it also comes in travel form so we have that in his diaper bag. I hated getting the diaper cream on my hands especially when out in public so this really came in handy and still does. It’s also very inexpensive for the combo (only $14.99!)
- Baby Bottle Sterilizer– This was mostly used during the first three months of Niko’s life but I still consider it a must-have because it saved us so much time. I truly believe in sterilizing the bottles when they’re infants because the bacteria can really affect them especially if you aren’t cleaning the bottles properly. We used this a lot and it’s very easy to separate the tops and bottles (they each have a compartment).
- Oh Baby Bags– These little bags are great to keep in diaper bag. A lot of times in the beginning (and during the course of their lives of course) they’ll make a mess. Whether it be from their behind or because they spilled something or spit up, you’re constantly changing them. These little bags are perfect for putting stinky diapers, or dirty clothes in them. They are easily disposable and can keep your mess at bay.
- Stride Rite Walking Shoes– One of Ryan’s clients got us these gorgeous shoes from his shoe store and they have helped Niko’s walking SO much. I heard about this brand but obviously had no experience with them but I have seen such a difference since he got these. He walks with comfort and ease now, and even though the cheaper shoes are cute- they lack the support he needed and he would fall a lot more. Now he has the support through his feet and he is running- let me tell you!
- Baby Bullet Food Mixer– Since Niko began eating solids my Mom and I have been making his food. It’s a personal preference and honestly I feel so much better knowing exactly what he’s eating every day. This mixer has made it easy for us to mash up his food once it’s baked or boiled. It also comes with cute little containers that are perfect for storage!
- Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder– This is another item that we’ve been using on a daily basis lately. Niko LOVES fruit. This is great for apples, pears and everything else that is hard for them to eat since they’re so little. He gets to sit and munch independently, while also being safe because there is a little pouch to chew on.
- Sound Machine/White Noise Machine– So Ryan and I used this in our home wayyyy before Bean was even here and then once he came, he got one too. We also have them at our beach house and it’s basically a necessity to us. It’s so helpful to drown out any noise and there are a few sound options which we love.
- VTech Little Critters Starlight Hippo– We got this a few months ago when we transitioned him into his crib and it’s been great. It’s sound activated so when the baby wakes up at night or starts to cry, it immediately starts playing really soft music. We put this on (in addition) to the sound machine and it has worked SO well for us.
- Motorola Halo+ Over The Crib Baby Monitor– This monitor is TRULY a game-changer. We saw this at Buy Buy Baby and right away we were intrigued. The price is pretty high (out of most monitors) but honestly, it does the most out of any monitor I have seen. Some of the great features that it has are that it allows you to view through an app while you’re away, and this has been great for Ryan when he is traveling for work. It’s also great for nights when you have a babysitter and you want to check how your little one is sleeping. We also love that it goes above the bed, that’s been so great for being able to see the entire crib. Before we had two monitors connected to one screen and they cut off part of the view or he’d pull them down and play with them. This sits safely on the side of the bed and allows us to view the entire crib. It also plays music, can read a bedtime story to your child and also tells you the temperature.
- Pack N Play Playard– From the transition out of the bassinet , we used a pack n play for a few months. Before Niko was turning we used the top half of the playard, and then once he got bigger we removed the top and put him all the way down. This is great any time you’re traveling (they can nap in it) we also use it as a safe place for him to play/watch tv while we are getting ready. I also suggest getting this tiny mattress that fits inside, makes it so much more comfortable for them to play and nap! We use these playard sheets & this waterproof mattress cover.
- Nose Frieda– This little gadget is EVERYTHING. Bean ended up having a cold at 3 weeks old and he was so congested. This allowed us to clear his nasal airway and it makes it so easy. It sounds gross but there is a filter, so nothing can pass through that. When your baby is sick you’ll do anything to make them feel better so trust me when I say, it’s so helpful!
- Plastic Bib– Niko spit up SO much for the first six months of his life. It was awful, it would end up everywhere and on everything. Having these bibs made cleanup so easy and we also use them now when he’s eating food and making a big ole’ mess.
- Teething Rings– We still use these so much because teething sucks!! Niko’s teeth came in all at once and it was so painful for him, we put them in the freezer and they have been so helpful.
- Baby Swing– We used this so much during the first few months and it was so helpful to calm Niko down. He used to fall asleep in his swing all the time and it was perfect if I needed to shower or he was being fussy.
- Munchkin diaper pail & refill bags– These have been amazing for Niko’s nursery. Although we never throw poopy diapers in here (those go straight outside) this little diaper pail is magic and the lavender scent completely neutralizes the smell of the diapers. I’ve never once had to smell anything and the bags are scented too.
I know there are so many more things that I am forgetting but I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions please feel free to comment or shoot me an email!